Kids these days. If you have a young kid like I do, then you probably are well aware of the weird obsession with Five Nights at Freddy’s.
Cue the, “Back in my day….”. When we were growing up, my brother and I liked to watch Nightmare on Elm Street, which featured a whole different kind of Freddy. That could explain the nightmares, sleep walking, and not being able to sleep in my own room until I was in double digits.
Nowadays, kids like watching these cuddly-yet-creepy animals and feed off the thrill of being startled. The toy aisles are filled with FNAF figures, playsets, and plushes. It’s only going to be a matter of time until they start creating candy and other edibles for these wacky kids to persuade their parents into buying for them.
Since I’m from Ohio, I am already a huge fan of Buckeyes (the peanut butter dipped in chocolate kind). One day, as I was busy stuffing my face full of homemade Buckeyes, I realized that they kind of resembled Freddy’s face. I think these would be cute for a FNAF themed birthday party or for a fun Halloween treat!
And so were created:
Five Nights at Freddy’s Buckeyes
Peanut Butter Filling Ingredients:
Creamy Peanut Butter, 1 cup
Salted Softened Butter, 4 Tablespoons
Vanilla Extract, 1/4 teaspoon
Dash of salt
Confectioners Sugar, 1 1/2 cups
Chocolate for Dipping:
- Line baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Add a small amount of confectioners sugar on a plate to dust your hands when rolling peanut butter balls. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add peanut butter, butter, salt, and vanilla. Beat with mixer until creamy. Gradually add your 1.5 cups of confectioners sugar. Your dough will be crumbly.
- Pat your confectioners sugar on plate with palms of your hands. Scoop about 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter mixture, roll into ball. Set the ball on your wax paper. Repeat until you are out of dough.
- Insert toothpick into each ball. Freeze on tray for one hour.
- Just before you remove the peanut butter balls from freezer, follow the directions on the package of the Baker’s dipping chocolate. (It makes it so much easier to just buy these little tubs! You only need one tub for this though).
- Dip each ball in chocolate and place back on the tray.
- Allow the buckeyes to dry and remove toothpicks.
You will need:
Dark melting chocolate
White melting chocolate
Semi-sweet melting chocolate
Peanut butter chips
For Freddy’s Hat:
- Dip one miniature marshmallow in melted dark chocolate.
- Place on head and hold for a few seconds until it sticks. Allow to dry.
For Freddy’s Ears:
- Dip one small peanut butter chip in milk chocolate. Place on the left/right side of head for an ear. Repeat for each ear.
For Freddy’s Eyes:
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a baggy.
- Melt white chocolate in a bowl. Once completely melted, pour into baggie.
- Dab two dots on Freddy’s face for eyes.